Thursday 16 November 2017

The cheek of it!

Prepare yourselves for the biggest moan EVER! 

Mike is off at the hospital for his immunoglobulin infusion. He called me just as they were starting it off (after various tests and pre-meds that took 90 minutes!) to say they had started. He cheerily said they had given him a booklet that he would bring home, and that it is a real human blood product, not a synthetic one (er... I said that several weeks ago when I pointed out the reason there might be a reaction.). Does he ever listen to a thing I say? Obviously only when it suits, as you will soon see.

I commented this morning before he left that I would like to achieve something useful while he's gone. He heard that alright as the second conversation went thus:

Mike: "Why don't you clear some space so you can do some exercise?"
Lorna: "I'm not in the right frame of mind to exercise." (I would simply berate myself for not being able to do long enough / heavy enough / gone backwards, why didn't I keep it up......)
Mike: "You would be if you started again."
Lorna: "I've got a lot of other stuff on my mind right now"
Mike: "Why don't you talk to me about it?"
Lorna: "I did try, but you simply replied 'well I might as well just give up and die if that's how you feel' so I don't bother mentioning my problems."
Mike: "Well now isn't the time to talk about it, I'm on a ward with 6 people."

Does anyone else ever feel like screaming at their partner?

No I haven't exercised either and so far I've achieved nothing. :(

1 comment:

  1. I think it should be part of wedding vows that you will never suggest your partner exercise. My husband does. It never goes well.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.